Life Cycle of the Employee and Development of a Handbook Tailored to an Organization
The CCHRA General Counsel, Attorney Michael Foley, will provide a highly interactive explanation of a holistic approach to Employment Law compliance and HR-related risk management within the entire life cycle of the employment relationship:
- Mike will test our understanding of both Massachusetts and Federal employment laws. For example, do you know the answer to these true or false questions:
- Job descriptions are not required by law and are overrated.
- If an employee has a “Manager” title and is paid on a salary basis he or she can be considered exempt from overtime.
- If a worker is free from the employer’s control and can use his/her discretion in performing services both under a contract and in fact, then he/she can be retained as an independent contractor and not an employee.
- In Massachusetts, employers satisfy their obligation to prohibit sexual harassment by posting their sexual harassment policy for all to see.
- The Commonwealth’s Criminal Offender Record Information Law prohibits employers from inquiring about criminal records during the applicant screening process.
- He will outline best practices for developing a strategic approach to effective risk management.
- Mike will also provide compliance tools and resource information. Here is a link to the 2020 Synopsis of Massachusetts and Federal Employment Law and Workplace Regulations. This is a very valuable and popular resource that will help your team meet your organization’s compliance obligations and will prepare you for Mike’s interactive presentation.
This is a presentation you do not want to miss.
***Please log in to take advantage of membership pricing.***
This meeting has been submitted for (2) general credits.
- February 27, 2020
7:30 am - 10:00 am
Venue: Holiday Inn Hyannis