April 29, 2021
11:45 - 1:00 pm
We’ve been programmed to believe that "work isn't the time or place to laugh,” but this outdated adage has a demotivating and destructive effect in the modern workplace.
Backed by case studies and scientific research, humor is a necessary tool for engaging employees and building resilience. From simple daily practices anyone can implement to hilarious anecdotes about what not to do, Lead With Laughs begins with a narrative shift that will transform leadership from a transactional, quota-driven style into one centered around what makes us human: connection, creativity, communication, collaboration, and caring for one another.
With the unprecedented amount of uncertainty that comes with new technology and the cultural shifts of the 21st century, managers and HR departments can no longer rely on creativity-stifling strategies for dealing with change. Studies have shown that when leaders stop taking themselves so seriously and give their teams permission to have fun while they work, it improves problem-solving, boosts collaboration, and positively impacts the bottom line. One of the quickest ways to shift from problem to solution is through the effective use of humor.
Good news: you don't even have to be funny to do it!
- 4 reasons why addressing employee engagement in new ways is urgent in the modern workplace for recruiting, engaging, and retaining millennials and gen-z talent.
- The definition of humor, its most common myth, and why it’s such a powerful tool for inspiring a resilient, creative, and engaged team.
- 5 hallmarks that separate demotivating management and inspiring leadership styles.
- A simple life hack (or laugh hack in this case) for quickly adapting to unexpected adversity.
- 6 guidelines for incorporating humor into your workplace culture.
Survey - Please help our speaker out so that he can tailor parts of this presentation to CCHRA, all of your input is invaluable. Please take a few minutes to respond.
Responses will remain anonymous. Click for Survey
This special presentation is free to all!
Please join us for this Zoom event.
Members, Non-Members/Guests - no cost
You will receive the Zoom link to this meeting after you complete your registration.
- April 29, 2021
11:45 am - 1:00 pm